I was thinking something today, while I was working on salesletter concepts for my new keyword attack software that’s due for beta release soon, and that’s how a lot of these Internet marketing products are being sold these days.
Does this sound familiar ….
“I was homeless”
“I was living with my parents”
“I had no money in the bank“
and then miraculously they found their “system” and now they are stinking rich!
1) They are totally lying. This is a strong statement for sure, but one that I think needs to be said. I honestly hate reading and hate hearing those statements simply because I don’t believe them. In the real world these situations do exist for sure, but these feel more like somebody trying to pray on my emotions.
Then of course there is the other part of the potential “lie” .. and that’s the rich part. In most cases, people that you have never heard of before, are that way for a reason — they aren’t “underground”, they are unsuccessful (up until now at least). If I see another person in a salesletter standing beside their new sports car (that they most likely rented), I’m going to throw up.
In all honesty, call me crazy, but what I think should happen is that – go figure – your product/service should be able to stand on it’s own, without the story.
The Report, The Software, The Video Series .. what’s in it and what it’s about should be quality enough that people want to buy it. I don’t care how much money you had before and now have — I care about what I can get out of it.
2) The other side actually ties into the above. Maybe the story is at least a little bit true. So what takes a online marketer (or any business) from nobody to somebody?
That word is so important that I gave it, it’s own line. Stop being an “opportunity seeker” and go for it. Now I must declare, I’m not a saint in this regard either. The keyword software mentioned earlier has been in my back pocket for at least 6 months now. My problem is that I want to make it perfect (which frankly will be another subject I cover soon). But without taking action a few bad things happen.
1) You never trust yourself. You will always be a sucker for the next “big thing”, the next “loophole”, the next “whatever”. You will always fall into this for one simple reason — you’ll never see for yourself what works and what doesn’t. You will always be chasing whatever “may” be out there.
2) You’ll keep wasting time and money. New products/courses cause 2 huge downfalls. The first is obvious and that’s the money it costs you. But the second is sneaky .. it’s the time wasted to learn and understand the information. Never mind what can happen when that information contradicts something you already thought you knew! Then #1 trust will again creep in.
So what’s my point ?
Simple actually …
1) Have a goal. This can be something like: A End Product to Sell, An Affiliate Market to Make Money In, Finish a Website
2) Only purchase items that actually move you closer to that goal – and NOTHING else. This is key… This can be things such as outsourcing things you don’t like or know like content writing, SEO, etc. But it can also be products that help you get to your goal faster. Better keyword research, or faster Web 2.0 distribution, etc.
3) Focused Action. Without this one the other two don’t matter. You must not let your focus wander, in fact if you are reading this email – then you have wondered! Stop reading and go do!
Let me leave you with a site that I just came across that may help some of you out there that are looking for a way to get your content distributed on the web fast, free and easy. http://pixelpipe.com/ Publish photos, video, audio, text and files on over 100 online destinations and counting… (and btw that’s not an affiliate link at all)
Let me know what you think below …